SA LABELS IS NOW FSC® CERTIFIED – FSC® C162185
WHAT IS FSC®?
The FSC®, or Forest Stewardship Council® is an independent, non-profit organization that promotes the environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the forests of the world.
They set the global standard for responsible forest management, so when you an FSC® certification logo, you know that products packaging was made from timber or paper that was responsibly sourced.
All our paper and paper-based packaging solution can bear the FSC® logo.
WHAT DOES FSC CERTIFICATION MEAN FOR SA LABEL PRINTERS?
- SA Labels can now offer clients FSC certified products that carry an FSC Claim with them.
- Qualified finished products can carry the FSC Label with our unique certificate number.
- Papers purchased by SA Labels are received bearing either an FSC Mix certification.
- Based on the combinations of papers used in production of finished products will qualify as FSC Mix.
- The specific papers used determine the exact classification, with most SA Label products meeting the requirements for FSC mix.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF FSC CERTIFICATION TO SA LABELS CLIENTS AND PROSPECTS?
- FSC certification provides a natural complement to our existing sustainability policies.
- FSC certification demonstrates our commitment to responsible use of resources.
- Clients promoting their own responsible environmental practices can now use the FSC Label on eligible products to provide a visible, recognizable image.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR LABELING PRODUCTS BEARING THE FSC CLAIM?
SA Labels products made with FSC certified papers are eligible to have an FSC logo appear on the finished product. The label will state the type of product – FSC Mix in this case – and feature the unique SA Labels FSC certification number.
There are rules for use of the FSC logo:
- Only FSC Label generator or other means approved by the certification body can be used.
- It must state the appropriate FSC Claim.
- logo placement must be approved prior to use in production.
- The logo can appear as an element within the overall graphics of a label.
- The logo must be clearly visible on the product.
- Additional rules apply and will be considered during artwork approval process.